Last updated 5th July 2021
Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Spacestowork ltd (“company”, “we”, “us”, or “our”). We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at [email protected].
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office with registration number ZA860860. A copy of our registration can be found here.
Information about us
Our site is owned and operated by Spacestowork ltd, a Private Limited Company registered in England and Wales under company number 12723665.
Our registered address is 71-75 Shelton Street, London, Greater London, WC2H 9JQ and our VAT number is 382 5792 60.
What is on this page
What information do we collect?
Personal information you disclose to us
In Short: We collect personal information that you provide to us such as name, address, contact information, passwords and security data, payment information, and social media login data.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when registering at the Sites expressing an interest in obtaining information about us or our services, when participating in activities on the Sites (such as leaving reviews of Hosts you have dealt with) or otherwise contacting us.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Sites, the choices you make and the features you use. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Name and Contact Data. We collect your first and last name, email address, postal address, phone number, and other similar contact data.
Payment Data. We collect data necessary to process your payment if you make purchases, such as your payment instrument number (such as a credit card number), and the security code associated with your payment instrument. All payment data is stored by our payment processor and you should review its privacy policies and contact the payment processor directly to respond to your questions.
Social Media Login Data. We provide you with the option to register using social media account details, like your Facebook, Google, or other social media account. If you choose to register in this way, we will collect the Information described in the section called "How do we handle your social logins" below.
All personal information that you provide to us must be true, complete, and accurate, and you must notify us of any changes to such personal information.
Information automatically collected
In Short: Some information–such as IP address and/or browser and device characteristics– is collected automatically when you visit our Sites.
We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Sites. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information, such as your IP address, browser and device characteristics, operating system, language preferences, referring URLs, device name, country, location, information about how and when you use our Sites and other technical information. This information is primarily needed to maintain the security and operation of our Sites, and for our internal analytics and reporting purposes.
Like many businesses, we also collect information through cookies and similar technologies.
Information collected from other sources
In Short: We may collect limited data from public databases, marketing partners, social media platforms, and other outside sources.
We may obtain information about you from other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, social media platforms (such as Facebook), as well as from other third parties. Examples of the information we receive from other sources include: social media profile information (your name, gender, birthday, email, current city, state and country, user identification numbers for your contacts, profile picture URL and any other information that you choose to make public); marketing leads and search results and links, including paid listings (such as sponsored links).
How do we use your information?
In Short: We process your information for purposes based on legitimate business interests, the fulfilment of our contract with you, compliance with our legal obligations, and/or your consent.
We use personal information collected via our Sites for a variety of business purposes described below. We process your personal information for these purposes in order to enter into or perform a contract with you ("Contractual"), in reliance on our legitimate business interests ("Business Purposes"), with your consent ("Consent"), and/or for compliance with our legal obligations ("Legal Reasons"). We indicate the specific processing grounds we rely on next to each purpose listed below.
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To facilitate account creation and logon process. If you choose to link your account with us to a third-party account (such as your Google or Facebook account), we use the information you allowed us to collect from those third parties to facilitate account creation and logon process. See the section below headed "How do we handle your social logins" for further information.
- To facilitate your bookings. As per our terms and conditions, we will be acting as your agent when you are looking to make a booking with one of our Hosts. To enable us to do this we have to provide your name and contact data to the Host who will then become a joint data controller of that data. We strongly recommend that you review the Host’s data protection policies to ensure you are satisfied with how they will be handling and processing your data. We will have no liability to you if the Host you book with uses your data in a way that you are not happy with.
- Fulfil and manage your bookings. We may use your information to fulfil and manage your orders, payments, returns, and exchanges made through the Sites.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. We may use the personal information you send to us for our marketing purposes if this is in accordance with your marketing preferences. You can opt-out of our marketing emails at any time (see the "What are your privacy rights" below).
- To send administrative information to you. We may use your personal information to send you service and new feature information and/or information about changes to our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To post reviews and testimonials. We post reviews and testimonials on our Sites that may contain personal information. Prior to posting a review and/or testimonial, we will obtain your consent to use your name and the review/testimonial. If you wish to update, or delete your testimonial, please contact us at [email protected] and be sure to include your name and contact information.
- Deliver targeted advertising to you. We may use your information to develop and display content and advertising (and work with third parties who do so) tailored to your interests and/or location and to measure its effectiveness.
- Administer prize draws and competitions. We may use your information to administer prize draws and competitions when you elect to participate in competitions.
- Request Feedback. We may use your information to request feedback and to contact you about your use of our Sites.
- To protect our Sites. We may use your information as part of our efforts to keep our Sites safe and secure (for example, for fraud monitoring and prevention).
- To enable user-to-user communications. We may use your information in order to enable user-to-user communications with each user's consent.
- To enforce our terms, conditions, and policies.
- To respond to legal requests and prevent harm. If we receive a subpoena or other legal request, we may need to inspect the data we hold to determine how to respond.
- For other Business Purposes. We may use your information for other Business Purposes, such as data analysis, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns and to evaluate and improve our Sites, products, services, marketing, and your experience.
Will your information be shared with anyone?
In Short: We only share information where we need to comply with our contractual obligations, with your consent, to comply with laws, where we have a legitimate interest in doing so, or to protect your rights.
We may process or share data based on the following legal basis:
- Performance of a Contract. Where we have entered into a contract with you, we will process your personal information, including sending it to the Host you are contracted with, to fulfil the terms of our contract and to enable the Host to fulfil the terms of their contract with you.
- Consent. We may process your data if you have given us specific consent to use your personal information in a specific purpose.
- Legitimate Interests. We may process your data when it is reasonably necessary to achieve our legitimate business interests and such use does not unduly effect or harm your rights.
- Legal Obligations. We may disclose your information where we are legally required to do so in order to comply with applicable law, governmental requests, a judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena (including in response to public authorities to meet national security or law enforcement requirements).
- Vital Interests. We may disclose your information where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding potential violations of our policies, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person and illegal activities, or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
More specifically, we may need to process your data or share your personal information in the following situations:
- Vendors, Consultants and Other Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your data with third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform services for us or on our behalf and require access to such information to do that work. Examples include: payment processing, data analysis, email delivery, hosting services, customer service and marketing efforts. We may allow selected third parties to use tracking technology on the Sites, which will enable them to collect data about how you interact with the Sites over time. This information may be used to, among other things, analyse and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. Unless described in this Policy, we do not share, sell, rent, or trade any of your information with third parties for their promotional purposes.
- Business Transfers. We may share or transfer your information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- Third-Party Advertisers. We may use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit the Sites. These companies may use information about your visits to our Website(s) and other websites that are contained in web cookies and other tracking technologies in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you.
- Business Partners. We may share your information with our business partners to offer you certain products, services, or promotions.
- Other Users. When you share personal information (for example, by posting comments, contributions, or other content to the Sites) or otherwise interact with public areas of the Sites, such personal information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside the Sites in perpetuity. If you interact with other users of our Sites and register through a social network (such as Facebook), your contacts on the social network will see your name, profile photo, and descriptions of your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of your activity, communicate with you within our Sites, and view your profile.
Who will your information be shared with?
In Short: We only share and disclose your information with the following categories of third parties. If we have processed your data based on your consent and you wish to revoke your consent, please contact us using the contact details provide in the section below entitled “How can you contact us about this policy?”.
- Ad Networks
- Coud Computing Services
- Data Analytics Services
- Data Storage Service Providers
- Finance & Accounting Tools
- Order Fulfilment Service Provider
- Payment Processors
- Performance Monitoring Tools
- Sales & Marketing Tools
- Social Networks
- Testing Tools
- User Account Registration & Authentication Services
- Website Hosting Service Providers
In Short: We may transfer your data internationally (i.e. outside of the EEA) but, where we do so, we will ensure that it is protected in accordance with the law. A list of all the third parties that we transfer data to that are outside of the EEA are highlighted with an asterix (*) in the list in section above. Whenever we transfer your personal data out of the EEA, we ensure a similar degree of protection is afforded to it by ensuring at least one of the following safeguards is implemented:
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission. For further details, see European Commission: Adequacy of the protection of personal data in non-EU countries.
- Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the European Commission which give personal data the same protection it has in Europe. For further details, see European Commission: Model contracts for the transfer of personal data to third countries.
Please contact us if you want further information on the specific mechanism used by us when transferring your personal data out of the EEA.
Do we use a third-party map provider?
In Short: Yes, we use MapBox for the purpose of providing better service.
By using our Maps API Implementation, you agree to be bound by MapBox’s Terms of Service. By using our implementation of the MapBox APIs, you agree to allow us to gain access to information about you including personally identifiable information (such as usernames) and non-personally identifiable information (such as location).
For a full list of what we use information for, please see the previous section titled "How do we use your information?" and “Will your information be shared with anyone?” You agree to allow us to obtain or cache your location. You may revoke your consent at any time. We use information about location in conjunction with data from other data providers.
The Maps APIs that we use store and access cookies and other information on your devices.
How do we handle your social logins?
In Short: If you choose to register or log in to our websites using a social media account, we may have access to certain information about you.
Our Sites offer you the ability to register and login using your third-party social media account details (specifically, using your Facebook and Google accounts). Where you choose to do this, we will receive certain profile information about you from your social media provider. The profile Information we receive may vary depending on the social media provider concerned, but will often include your name, e-mail address, friends list, profile picture as well as other information you choose to make public.
What is our stance on third-party websites?
In Short: We are not responsible for the safety of any information that you share with third-party providers who advertise, but are not affiliated with, our websites.
How long do we keep your information?
When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it, or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
How do we keep your information safe?
In Short: We aim to protect your personal information through a system of organisational and technical security measures.
We have implemented appropriate technical and organisational security measures designed to protect the security of any personal information we process. However, please also remember that we cannot guarantee that the internet itself is 100% secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, transmission of personal information to and from our Sites is at your own risk. You should only access the services within a secure environment.
Do we collect information from minors?
In Short: We do not knowingly collect data from or market to children under 16 years of age.
We do not knowingly solicit data from or market to children under 16 years of age. By using the Sites, you represent that you are at least 16 or that you are the parent or guardian of such a minor and consent to such minor dependent’s use of the Sites. If we learn that personal information from users less than 16 years of age has been collected, we will deactivate the account and take reasonable measures to promptly delete such data from our records. If you become aware of any data, we have collected from children under age 16, please contact us at [email protected].
What are your privacy rights?
In Short: You have a number of rights regarding your personal data and how we used it, depending on the purpose for which it was collected the lawful basis under which it is being processed.
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under data protection laws in relation to your personal data. Please click on the links below to find out more about these rights:
- Request access to your personal data
- Request correction of your personal data
- Request erasure of your personal data
- Object to processing of your personal data
- Request restriction of processing your personal data.
- Request erasure of your personal data
In addition to the above, you also have the right to withdraw consent to processing where the processing we are undertaking is being done so with you having given consent to it.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
If you would at any time like to review or change the information in your account or terminate your account, you can:
- Log into your account settings and update your user account.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Cookies and similar technologies: Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies. If you choose to remove cookies or reject cookies, this could affect certain features or services of our Sites. To opt-out of interest-based advertising by advertisers on our Sites visit http://www.aboutads.info/choices/.
Opting out of email marketing: You can unsubscribe from our marketing email list at any time by clicking on the ‘Unsubscribe from this list’ or 'Update your preferences' links in the emails that we send or by contacting us using the details provided below. You will then be removed from the marketing email list – however, we will still need to send you service-related emails that are necessary for the administration and use of your account. To otherwise opt-out, you may:
- Note your preferences when you register an account with the site.
- Contact us using the contact information provided.
Do we make updates to this policy?
In Short: Yes, we will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
How can you contact us about this policy?
If you have questions or comments about this policy, you may email us at [email protected] or by post to:
71-75 Shelton Street
London, WC2H 9JQ